Saturday, August 30, 2014

Seeing the Change in Others: A Beautiful Experience




Yesterday as I was reflecting on how my fellow strength coach and friend has progressed it made me excited. I've seen how he has transformed and grown. He's had up's and down's. He's had times when he was inconsistent. He's had times when he had to take a break so he could pay the bills. But he always comes back and puts in the time and effort. 


Love What You Do Or Quit 


Gary Vaynerchuk's book Crush It is a great, practical resource for doing what you love to do and getting paid for it. But more than that, he stresses connection.

REAL connection with people. 

My friend has many things to work on and he will struggle along the way through the change. But he WILL be successful. He has it in him. 

His WHY is greater than the fears. He has it in him to serve others and help others become the strongest version of themselves. He has it in him to become stronger and courageous--while helping others do the same. 

His focus needs to improve but I can already see it happening now. 

And seeing this change right before my eyes is a beautiful experience. I LOVE being around people that are focused on their goals and grind to get it done. He's working, taking 19 credits, and volunteering so that he can become a better coach. 

Some days will be harder than other than others. But our FOCUS needs to be the 24 hours in front of us and not the big picture. FOCUS on today and get it done.

I'm looking forward to each day we work together because I learn something from him each time.


Love What You Do Or Quit and as Gary V would say...



CRUSH IT

No comments:

Post a Comment