Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Long days and Silver Linings

Some days are longer than others. Most of the time when we think or say this, we are speaking of how tired we are. I've had days be very long, yet at the same time, wishing they wouldn't end. Today challenged, me due to the length and my energy levels in the evening. I got home and couldn't access my email with important things in it to boot. But, I thought about the positives today. And I made a tremendous impact on the athletes and one volunteer in particular today.

Silver linings are everywhere, we just have to see past the difficult parts of the day. By living in the here and now, I can and I am thankful for the wonderful opportunity I have to hone my passion. I am thankful for the ability to train while at my internship. I am thankful for the wealth of knowledge around me. And by no means is this the last thing I am thankful for, but I am thankful for the positive influences who surround me at the University of Northern Iowa.

Experiences give us the opportunity to gain perspective. How do you use challenging experiences, days and events? We're all human but we all desire to improve. Keep this in mind. There are silver linings everywhere, no matter how difficult the day. You just have to look in the right places, with the right attitude and the right perception.

And now, a gratitude dance.


No comments:

Post a Comment