Most haters are stuck in a poisonous mental prison of jealousy and self-doubt that blinds them to their own potentiality.
When thinking about "haters" we often think about the external environment. We think about people on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, peers, and even family members. People talk about grinding every day and proving the haters wrong.
Listen To ME
Our biggest haters are OURSELVES. Conquer the hater in your mind and you will be unaffected by any external hater.
To conquer oneself is the best and noblest victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat.
I started to realize how many great things could happen by confronting the things that scare you most.
Conquering Your Mind
To conquer one's mind is one of the most difficult tasks as a human. But it is the most rewarding. Life is such a beautiful experience when you conquer your mind. Conversely, life is a living hell if you are controlled by your mind.
Do the thing and you will have the power
Ralph Waldo Emerson
From the smallest to the biggest fears, if we can set out and face one each day we are truly living. We are growing from day to day, excited to see what's on the other side of the obstacle---or the perceived obstacle.
Obstacle Is The Way
"It’s okay to be discouraged. It’s not okay to quit. To know you want to quit but to plant your feet and keep inching closer until you take the impenetrable fortress you’ve decided to lay siege to in your own life—that’s persistence.”
And he goes on to say it is our DUTY to do well in the world and serve others. It's not enough to be the best person you can be and face your fears---you must be of great service to the world too.
“Wherever we are, whatever we’re doing and herever we are going, we owe it to ourselves, to our art, to the world to do it well.”
Be Your Biggest Advocate: Head On Through Your Fears
The following list are actionable steps into your life to immediately begin conquering your mind and fears.
- Be kind to yourself
- Forgive yourself
- Move on
- Write down 1 specific goal with a specific timeline to finish it
- Take 1 daily step towards this goal
- Use no judgment towards yourself while taking steps towards your goal
- Do the thing you're afraid to do
- Drink half your bodyweight in water; you'll think better
- Training your body will train your mind provided you push the limits and have the mentality to break Personal Records every time you step in the gym
- Carve your successes in stone and write your failures in sand
- Develop the Next Play attitude regardless of good or bad in the past
- Smile :)
- Act As IF
- Act As If the most respected and trusted person in your field was watching how you operate, how you conduct yourself, how you respond to success and adversity
- Be The Hero In Your Own Story
- What would the Hero do? Would he pick himself up off the ground and fight back with everything he has? Would he give up on his dreams? Would she say I'll get to it tomorrow?
- Do What You Love Or Quit
- If you don't LOVE what you're doing make a plan to get out of the situation regardless of the struggles you will face