Monday, September 1, 2014

Taking Care of Business



Live your passion. What does that mean, anyway? It means that when you get up for work every morning, every single morning, you are pumped because you get to talk about or work with or do the thing that interests you the most in the world. You don’t live for vacations because you don’t need a break from what you’re doing—working, playing, and relaxing are one and the same. You don’t even pay attention to how many hours you’re working because to you, it’s not really work. You’re making money, but you’d do whatever it is you’re doing for free.

~ Gary Vaynerchuk - Crush It








Danielle Barck @barckart on Instagram


Today was a first. I used punishment as exercise for the first time. It wasn't planned. I didn't wake up pissed off. Well, I take that back. I woke up pissed off for greatness. And with the caffeine running through my veins in combination with the excitement of starting the week with my athletes, I was ready to go!

And an obstacle came into the road. Action needed to be taken and it needed to be swift. The response was nervousness and many being scared shitless. The message was sent and the tone was unwavering.

There is no middle ground. When going in the direction of your dreams you must plunge all in. If you don't, just quit and cut your losses. Martin Rooney talks about myths and one of them is that winners never quit. If you don't love what you do you need to quit immediately. If, however, you ARE doing what you LOVE to do and you are NOT taking action in the direction of your dream things need to change.


3 MUSTS



1. Show Up



Half of life is SHOWING UP. Just show up. Nothing can get done if you stay home.


2. Take Action in the Direction of Your Dreams



After you show up, action needs to be taken. Gary Vaynerchuk has said "ideas are shit, execution is sexy." What he means is not that ideas are worthless, rather they drive innovation. But ideas by themselves without action are shit. Execution is sexy. Taking action in the direction of your dreams is the only way to move forward. Mental masturbation does not get us closer. It feels good to think about our dreams and talk about them but if you don't take action it's useless.

3. Serve Others



At the end of it all you MUST serve others. Whatever you do in life you MUST serve others. Be the authentic you in whatever your field is and combine that with service to whoever your target group is. For me, it's the athletes and coaches. I bleed and live for the athletes. I wake up every day excited to do what I love to do and get them better. Last year I felt like I didn't do a great job but it was the first year. This year I feel like I'm crushing it. But I'm sure I'll look back it and see some changes I could make. The point is to SERVE others authentically as you can.



As Always,

Crush It and Love What You Do Or Quit

No comments:

Post a Comment