Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Who Are You?

Action is what takes an idea, a dream and a vision to life.  It all starts with the feeling in your gut.  That feeling tells you to ask the girl out, speak up or go ahead with an idea you have been stewing over for far too long.  But, it is all for naught unless action is taken.

War of Art


Steven Pressfield describes the War of Art happening between Resistance and ourselves.  It is an ongoing battle.  Always there.  Always trying to derail you.  

The formula is simple.  Simply sit down, put your big boy (or girl) boots on and do the work.  No magic formulas.  No secret success program. 

Take Action, Do the Work, and Be Consistent.



Who Are You?


The question is tremendously important.  What you have done is different than who you truly are.  But, if you repeatedly mess up, fall into the same ruts and quit when things get difficult---Examine who you truly are.  

Feeling dissatisfied with the way you are living?  Make 1-2 simple changes and stick to them for 30 days.  You would be amazed at the growth you will undergo.  Check out this short (~3-4 min.) Ted Talk on Trying Something New for 30 Days.  It works similarly to simply committing to something for 30 days.  




The 5%


These individuals understand the hard-work and discipline needed to reach their goals---to be successful.  They are success minded.  But they also disconnect from everything, allowing their mind and body to relax and grow.

The 95%


The 95% blame themselves, people around them, the economy, society, culture, government for their lack of success.  

Success & Failure Defined


In Og Mandino's masterpiece (if you can' tell, I highly recommend this book), The Greatest Salesman in The World he illustrates a great point on the definitions of success and failure.  

Success is defined differently by everyone.  But failure is defined all the same, failing to reach one's goals.  I take it one step further and say the only time you fail is when you quit.  "Failures" will happen but as long as you learn from it, success will come.  

Simplicity


Use the KISS method.  Keep it simple stupid.  Too often we get lost in our thoughts, letting our heads run our lives.  Logic overrides our powerful intuition we all hold and it depresses our energy.  Use your intuition muscle more through action and it will be stronger. 

Center yourself with more breathing exercises, mediation, chanting, exercise and relaxing music or sounds to bring yourself back to, well, YOU.  As Elliott Hulse says, "Breathe into your balls."

Act as if you are the hero waking up today.  Be the hero in your own life and do what it is you are called to do. 

I'll leave you with this excerpt from Og Mandino's The Greatest Salesman in The World,

“I will act now. I will act now. I will act now. Henceforth, I will repeat these words each hour, each day, everyday, until the words become as much a habit as my breathing, and the action which follows becomes as instinctive as the blinking of my eyelids. With these words I can condition my mind to perform every action necessary for my success. I will act now. I will repeat these words again and again and again. I will walk where failures fear to walk. I will work when failures seek rest. I will act now for now is all I have. Tomorrow is the day reserved for the labor of the lazy. I am not lazy. Tomorrow is the day when the failure will succeed. I am not a failure. I will act now. Success will not wait. If I delay, success will become wed to another and lost to me forever. This is the time. This is the place. I am the person.” 
― Og Mandino



Yeha Noha,



Shine Your Light


No comments:

Post a Comment